I needed a reason to use up the zucchini I bought last week for Blueberry Zucchini Bread. Instead of eating it like a normal person as a vegetable, I had to turn it into dessert form. This cookie is fabulous. The zucchini keeps it very moist, and the white chocolate and dried cranberries are the perfect compliment to this spiced cookie. I also made half of the cookies with Chocolate chips, which also tasted great. I am not a white chocolate gal…but I really liked it in these particular cookies. They also freeze great, so you can always enjoy a fresh cookie when you have a zucchini craving. :O)
White Chocolate & Dried Cranberry Zucchini Cookies
1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup shredded zucchini
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars, mix until smooth. Add egg and vanilla extract. Next, add the shredded zucchini. Mix until combined.
4. Slowly add flour mixture until just combined. Stir in oats, chips, and dried cranberries.
5. Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets that have been lined with parchment paper or Silcone baking mats. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies